11/19/2021

she gave us what we didn't know we needed

'Cause there we are again when I loved you so 
Back before you lost the one real thing you've ever known

(...)

The idea you had of me, who was she?
A never-needy, ever-lovely jewel whose shine reflects on you 
Not weepin' in a party bathroom 
Some actress askin' me what happened, you
That's what happened, you

(...)

Time won't fly, it's like I'm paralyzed by it
I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still tryin' to find it
After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own
Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone

*

besonders schlimm:
dein minimum hätte, damals, mehr als gereicht
just between us – did it maim you too?
ich fürchte mich vor dem 1. januar

full circle
new years day
warme decken, du, wärme, nicht ganz echt aber egal
vs.
undeniable cold cold cold

frage mich, wieviele scheren ich brauche, um dich abzuschneiden
enough is enough
aber alles was ich will 

you you you you you



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen